A browser toolbar is a type of browser extension. Browser toolbars add additional buttons to the browser interface to accomplish frequently used tasks.
Popular Browser Toolbars
- Google Suggest – Get query suggestions as you type in the search box
- Spell Check – Check your spelling whenever you type in web forms
- AutoFill – Automatically fill out forms for faster online shopping
- Word Translator – Translate English words into other languages
The Google Toolbar supports Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Now available for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Instantly access your favorite sites
- Open new tabs from Toolbar buttons
- Quickly add RSS feeds to My Yahoo!
- Instantly save and “re-find” pages with My Web.
- Adjustable search box – resizable to fit your needs
The Yahoo! Toolbar supports Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Browse smarter with tabs – Switch between websites within the same IE window
- Find anything – Search the web any time, anywhere, and locate documents, e-mail, and more on your computer
- Shop faster – Fill out web forms with one click
- Access MSN services – Get one-click access to Microsoft Hotmail, MSN Messenger, and MSN Spaces
The MSN Toolbar only supports Internet Explorer at this time.
- Web Search – Find the best results from the Web’s leading search engines.
- Yellow Pages – Access business listings easily from one location.
- White Pages – Look up residential listings from around the U.S.
- Popup Blocker – Block those annoying popup ads forever
- RSS Tool – Add any type of ticker feed, including news, summaries and blogs. Learn more.
- Ticker – Get the latest news and information delivered directly to your ticker.
- Ticker Customization – Control the ticker’s speed, size and scrolling direction.
- Cursor Search – Search any word(s) from a Web page or Word document by right-clicking your mouse.
- SearchSpy – Watch scrolling terms to see what people are searching for in real-time.
The Dogpile Toolbar only supports Internet Explorer at this time.
- Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary search box always available in Internet Explorer
- Just type or highlight a word and click
- Results display in a new window so you won’t lose your page
- Accessible from your right-click menu
- Easy to install and customize
The Merriam-Webster Toolbar only supports Internet Explorer at this time.
- Search the web directly from your browser
- Bookmarks – located on the server so you can access them from anywhere
- Use the Diary to leave notes on any web page, which you can later access from any computer
- Check your browsing and search History from anywhere
- Automatic List feature to ease search result navigation
- Get related links and ratings with Site Info
- Block annoying popups
- Highlight any term on the page
The A9 Toolbar supports the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla, and Netscape web browsers.
Got Something To Say: