The TiVo is compatible with all Dish Network receivers that support IR control. IR control is provided all recent Dish Network receivers.
However, there is no need to purchase a TiVo. Dish Network provides satellite receivers with built in DVR (Digital Video Recorder) capabilities.
Dish Network provides two models of DVR receivers, one for standard definition and one for HDTV.
Features of the Dish Network HDTV DVR include:
Independently watch and record programming on two TVs
- TV1: View and record high definition or standard definition programming
- TV2: View and record standard definition or down-converted high definition programming
- Record up to 180 hours of standard definition, up to 25 hours of high definition or a combination of the two
- View off-air digital/HD local broadcasts
- TV1 display supports four resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i
- TV2 display resolution is 480i
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
- On-Screen Caller ID with history
- On-screen Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with easy access to program listings and information for up to nine days
- DISH home Interactive TV with instant access to breaking news, sports, weather, games and convenient customer service with the push of a button
Two satellite tuners ebable you to select from two viewing options
- Single Mode: Picture-In-Picture (PIP) available on any TV
- Dual Mode: View separate programming on 2 televisions
Got Something To Say: